Internship at the Civic Museum in Formello
The Museo dell’Agro Veientano is a regional museum principally focused on the archaeological heritage, founded in 1992 and in 2005 accepted in the Organizzazione Museale Regionale (OMR)of the Regio Lazio. In September 2016 an agreement was signed for cooperation with a series of civic and private museums in a larger area, creating the system of museums MANEAT, of which Formello is the leading museum.
The museum illustrates all phases of the history of the territory, starting from the Final Bronze Age, including the entire Iron Age with the rich necropoleis, the Etruscan period, Orientalizing and Archaic Age of the city of Veii, the Roman period, starting from the seizure of the town in 396 BC and comprising all phases after antiquity, until Baroque times.
The Museo dell’Agro Veientano may be found in the historical Palazzo Chigi, with building phases going from the 13th to the 17th c. and may be seen as the heir of the 17th c. Curiosity Cabinet Museo delle curiosità naturali, peregrine e antiche of Cardinal Flavio Chigi, which was housed here in the years around 1664.
After years of preparation, the museum reopened its doors in December 2016, with the display of materials going from the Bronze Age to Roman Republican time (room 1-4 on the first floor), while we are already working on the new display of two other rooms on the ground floor (Roman Imperial age-Baroque Period), foreseen for end 2018 – beginning 2019.
- handling of archaeological materials: register archaeological remains for museum display and storage, including first inventarisation of materials, updating of catalogue records and archaeological drawing of ceramics;
- museum mediation: communication of the museum contents to its visitors by means of guided tours, working on museum didactics and preparation of museum texts, both in English and Dutch;
- work on the Centro Info-Documentale (CID) of the museum with updating and data-entry of archaeological records according to ICCD standards;
- work on projects carried to be carried out within the new framework of MANEAT;
- work on temporary exhibitions.
- BA in archaeology with preferably a specialization in Medieval Italian Archaeology or Etruscology;
- good communication skills;
- fluent in English and at least basic knowledge of Italian;
- knowledge of the territory in and around Formello is an advantage.
Period: Spring 2019, c. 3 months (precise dates will be established by mutual agreement and availability of rooms at the KNIR)
KNIR offers: free accommodation at the KNIR; 70 euro per week and a compensation of 100 euro for travel costs.
Apply before December 15th by sending your cv, a copy of your BA diploma and a letter of motivation to email@example.com.