Are you studying at one of the six Dutch universities represented in the board of the KNIR and do you need to conduct research for your master’s thesis in Rome? If so, you are eligible for a KNIR scholarship.
The Scholarship consists in:
1. Free lodging at the KNIR during the period of your scholarship.
2. A weekly allowance of € 70,- for your general expenses during your scholarship in Rome.
3. A one-time reimbursement of € 100,- for your travelling expenses to Rome.
1. You are a (R)MA student enrolled at one of the following Dutch universities: University of Groningen, Leiden University, University of Amsterdam, Utrecht University, VU University Amsterdam and Radboud University Nijmegen.
2. You are conducting research for your master’s thesis.
3. You can demonstrate that a stay in Rome is necessary for the fulfillment of your research.
4. Your stay in Rome does not exceed the maximum of 7 weeks (equivalent of 10 ECTS).
How to apply?
You can apply by completing the application form below, selecting Scholarship for (R)MA students. Please do not forget to attach the following documents: an updated overview of your study results, a recent cv and a detailed description of your project/research.
The academic staff will assess your application and will mainly look at your motivation, the quality of the research proposal and of the applicant and the added value of your stay with us, both for your research as for the institute.