Are you a PhD candidate with a supervisor from one of the six Dutch universities represented in the board of the KNIR and are you working on a PhD project at one of these universities in your own time, without any external funding? If so, you are eligible for a KNIR grant for external PhD candidates.
1. You are working on a PhD research project that is closely linked to the research profile of the KNIR and the expertise of the academic staff of the institute;
2. Your supervisor is a full professor at one of the following Dutch universities: University of Groningen, Leiden University, University of Amsterdam, Utrecht University, VU University Amsterdam and Radboud University Nijmegen;
3. You are preparing a PhD thesis , that you are intended to defend at one of the above mentioned universities;
4. You do not receive any funding for your research.
The grant consists in:
1. Free lodging at the KNIR for the maximum of 20 weeks, the exact amount of weeks will be determined by the academic staff. If desirable, the stay in Rome can be divided into separate periods within one academic year or spread over a longer period of time.
2. A weekly allowance of € 175,- for your general expenses during your stay in Rome.
3. A one-time reimbursement of € 100,- for your travelling expenses to Rome.
How to apply?
You can apply by completing the application form below, selecting Grants for graduate students. Please do not forget to attach the following documents: a recent cv, a certificate of your university Master’s degree, a detailed description of your project/research (including an estimated budget), a letter of recommendation by your PhD supervisor(s).
The academic staff of the KNIR will assess the applications on the quality and feasibility of the research proposal and its connection with the institute’s research profile.