Are you a graduate student from one of the six Dutch universities represented in the board of the KNIR and are you preparing a PhD research project at one of these universities? If so, you are eligible for a KNIR grant for prospective PhD students.
1. You are a graduate student from one of the following Dutch universities: University of Groningen, Leiden University, University of Amsterdam, Utrecht University, VU University Amsterdam and Radboud University Nijmegen.
2. You are preparing a PhD research project, that you are intended to conduct at one of the above mentioned universities.
3. You intend to apply for research funding for this project (e.g. at the NWO)
4. You have made arrangements with a professor at one of the above mentioned universities who is willing to act as your doctoral advisor.
5. You do not have other funds or income during the period of your grant and you are available full-time for the project.
The grant consists in:
1. Free lodging at the KNIR for the maximum of 20 weeks during the period of your grant. NB If desirable, the stay in Rome can be divided into separate periods within one academic year
2. A weekly allowance of € 175,- for your general expenses during your stay in Rome.
3. A one-time reimbursement of € 100,- for your travelling expenses to Rome.
How to apply?
You can apply by completing the application form, selecting Grants for prospective PhD students. Please do not forget to attach the following documents: a recent cv, a certificate of your university Master’s degree, a detailed description of your project/research (including an estimated budget), a letter of recommendation by your future PhD supervisor, in which she or he clearly states the willingness to accommodate this PhD project in her or his research group.
The academic staff of the KNIR will assess the applications on the quality and feasibility of the research proposal and its connection with KNIR research themes or Italy studies in a broad sense.